Check back for more updates!
2018 Meeting Minutes
Vice President-Colton Blomberg
Tournament Directors-Trent Fugure and Tyler Tergesen
1. All lakes will be off limits from the Sunday sunset before the scheduled tournament until sunrise the Friday of tournament week.
2. Mandatory Safety Rules-Killswitch checks will be done before each launch. If Killswitch is not operational you will be refunded your entry and not be allowed to participate in the tournament. All state laws and regulations regarding safety equipment must be followed. Anyone found not in compliance will be disqualified from tournament with possible suspension from Bandits Club activities. Tournament Directors will have sole discretion for cancelling or shortening a tournament due to weather issues.
3. TBF qualifying will remain the same with qualifiers named before August 1st.
March 24-Ice Bowl- Nelson Lake
April 21st-Lake Nelson West Ramp
May 5-6-Lake Ashtabula (crossing ramp)/Spiritwood Lake 2 Day combined tournament
June 9th-Lake Darling
July14-15-Sheeps Creek Big Bass Bonanza/Lake Tschida Points Tournament and Club Camping Weekend
July 28-New Johns Lake
August 18-Lake Isabel, SD
September 1-Lake Sakakawea (Beulah Bay)
September 29-30-Lake Audubon/North Audubon-2 day event
Thank you everyone that was able to attend the meeting due to weather. It looks like a great season with some new locations and events. Memberships will be due before the first event of the season. Have a great day everyone and see you at the Ice Bowl.
2017 Meeting Minutes
A great turnout of both new and current members held our annual spring meeting to discuss rules, schedule and any new club business. Here is a recap of the meeting.
1. Club Officers: President-Paul Reinbold, Vice President-Bob Reinbold, Secretary-Denver Tergesen, Tournament Directors-Trent Fugere and Josh Birtchet.
2. New tournament hours will be from 6:30 launch to 3:30 check in.
3. Bandits will be affiliated with the ND TBF.
4. TBF will have a seperate entry fee of $25 and not include a big bass pot.
Ice Bowl-March 25th 10am-3pm cst
Nelson Lake-April 29th
New Johns- May 20th
North Audubon-June 3rd
Audubon (Totten Trail)-June 4th
Club Camping at Lake Tschida-July 1st and 2nd
This will be a two day tournament with events scheduled for both Friday and Saturday night
Spiritwood Lake-July 15th
Lake Sakakawea (Buelah Bay)-July 29th
Lake Oahe (Whitlock)-August 26th
Classic Championship on Lake Audubon-September 23rd and 24th two day Championship.
Looks to be a great year for everyone and we hope to see you on the water. Remember that the Ice Bowl is a great chance to introduce new members to the club and have a great day in the water.
2016 Meeting Minutes
The Annual Badlands Bass Bandits spring meeting was held this past Saturday in Bismarck and we are all looking forward to another great season. Before we breakdown the meetings topics of discussion and rule changes, we would all like to thank Jonathan Campbell for granting us access to the former Governors Mansion to hold the meeting.
After collecting dues and having a short meet and greet with new members the Club voted on new officers to fill the vacant Secretary and Vice President positions. Denver Tergesen was voted in as Club Secretary and Bob Reinbold as Vice President. Jeff Wetzel will remain treasurer and Paul Reinbold will continue as Club President. Wesley Baptiste and Trent Fugere will act as Tournament Directorsvthroughout the season. Thank you to all these individuals for stepping up and helping to lead the club into the future.
The next topic was proposed rule changes that were passed with a majority vote.
- While no change was made to the limit of fish a team will weigh, there was a clarification of the number of team members. Teams will consist of Two members with a third team member allowed into boat by invite only. This third member will either be on a team by themselves or be added to the original two members team based on the decision of the boater. If added as a team member that team still will only be allowed to keep 6 legal bass and weigh 3 as a team.
- The season will consist of 9 team tournaments with the 9th tournament being the 2 day Classic.
- The Sunday of Club Camping weekend we will hold a MLF style [every legal fish counts], cash pot-non points tournament. This is optional for members and will be a draw style tournament with boaters and non boaters. We would like to encourage everyone to participate in this very exciting style of tournament.
- One tournament during the season will be dropped for AOY total points.
- Points system will remain the same with an addition of a 1 point bonus for the team that has the Big Bass award for that tournament.
- The last point discussed was to get the Clubs scale certified to weigh possible state records.
All these changes are to hopefully increase participation and continue the competitive family style camaraderie we all love and enjoy about this Club.
Lastly, the topic that everyone was waiting for was the voting on Tournament sites and dates. To the surprise of many Nelson Lake, arguably the best bass fishing lake in North Dakota, was voted out to not return this season. New water and diversity was definitely the theme of the schedule and it should be a great year for everyone.
Tournament Schedule: 7a.m. to 3 p.m. all times central standard time zone.
March 19th – Ice Bowl Lake Nelson
May 14th – North Audobon
May 28th – Lake Sakakawea (Beulah bay)
June 4th – Lake Tschida (club camping weekend)
June 5th – Lake Tschida (club camping weekend – MLF cash pot)
June 25th – New Johns Lake
July 23rd – Lake Ashtabula
July 24th – Spirirtwood Lake
August 6th – Missouri River - Bismarck (ramp location TBA)
August 20th – Lake Oahe (Indian Creek bay)
September 17th – Lake Audobon (Classic Championship)
September 18th – Lake Audobon (Classic Championship)
If any boaters or non-boaters are looking for partners for either an individual tournament or the entire season, please feel free to contact me and hopefully we can pair everyone up this season.
On behalf of the Club Officers and all members of the Bandits I would like to thank everyone that attended and we hope to see everyone at the tournaments throughout the year, starting in 3 short weeks with the Annual Ice Bowl on Nelson Lake.
2015 Meeting Minutes
The start of the 2015 season has begun! The Badlands Bass Bandits held their annual spring meeting on February 7th at the Old Governor’s Mansion located in Bismarck. We had a fair turn out of Bass Bandits that were eager to get the schedule set for the 2015 season. There were a lot of topics of discussion during this meeting and some major changes were made. The article below will capture the meeting minutes as well as a description of the changes made.
The first major change was the tournament format. The 2015 season will mark the Bandits 10th year and for the past 9 seasons our tournaments were based off of individual performance. The club discussed the idea of changing it to a Team Format to help bring interest for new members, increase tournament participants, increase the learning curve of bass fishing when fishing with a partner, and most importantly increase fun! After the discussion of how the format would work this idea was put to a vote, all members were in favor of this change. With this change the 2015 season will be a 2 person Team Format. Teams are allowed to put 6 bass in their live-well but can only weigh their best 3. This will still allow members to fish a tournament alone (as an individual) if they do not have a partner due to various reasons. However, those fishing alone will be at a disadvantage because they are only allowed to put 3 bass in a live-well and of course there is no culling. So it would be in their best interest to bring a partner but as explained above we realize that things come up and people can’t make tournament dates for various reasons this would still allow that individual to fish alone. The rules for this format have not been written yet but the club officers will have this completed and released in plenty of time prior to the season.
With the change of the Team Format we will still have Angler and Rookie of the year awards. This is based off of the same points system that we created last year except this year if a team gets 1st place in a tournament both anglers will get 1st place points and if a team gets 2nd place in a tournament both anglers get 2nd place points and so on and so on. Club members are not forced to fish with the same teammate at each event. They can fish with a different angler at each tournament if they choose to, that will not affect their points for Angler or Rookie of the year.
The Bandits will be fishing 7 tournaments this year (this includes the Classic) and they will be allowed to drop their worst tournament for the Angler or Rookie of the year points. In other words their best 6 out of 7 tournaments will go towards their 2015 points standings.
The Bandits also voted to lower the entry fee cost per person from $30 back down to $20 ($40 per team) to make it more affordable and the big bass cash pot is still a separate fee at $5 per person.
Our awards for 2015 will also be completely different. In years past we handed out trophies and plaques to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place and cash payout depended upon the number of participants. For 2015 club members will be responsible for paying an additional $10 along with their $25 annual membership fee. This extra $10 will buy them a plaque shaped to the state of North Dakota that will have the Bass Bandits logo on it. This plaque will be used to attach engraving plates that will list in detail the Lake, Date, and placing of a tournament. These engraving plates will be handed out to the winners at each tournament. In doing this the club will save money on trophy expenses, the extra money that we save will go towards the Classic Championship cash pot! Big Bass paddles will still be handed out at each event to the winner and we still will have normal end of the year awards such as the AOY, ROY, and Classic award.
As mentioned above we will be hosting 7 tournaments. For of these tournaments will be held on 2 weekends, the club camping weeked will be held at Lake Tschida and Sheeps Creek Dam. The other full weekend will be at Lake Isabel and Lake Pudwell that are both located in South Dakota on August 15th and 16th. The evening after the Lake Isabel tournament (the 15th) the Bandits are invited to the Reinbold’s Farm for a picnic. So mark your calendars for a fun filled weekend!
The Bandits will be hosting their annual Ice Bowl event, more information will be released when we get closer to that date. (see schedule).
Lot’s of changes were made this year but they were changes for the good of the club and it’s members, we look forward to meeting all new members for an exciting 2015 season! Please visit our membership page if you are interested in joining our club, we’d love to have ya!
Paul Reinbold, BBB President/Founder
2014 Annual Meeting Minutes
There were 16 members in attendance for the 2014 Spring Meeting. A warm welcome was made to our newest club member Chris Harvey.
Note: What is explained below is a brief description. A complete detail description of the changes will be listed in the rule book.
1) The first order of business was to change the Angler of the Year points format. 14 members voted yes to change the points system based on a 100 point scale. For example; 1st place 100 pts, 2nd place 99 pts, 3rd place 98 pts etc… This will ensure everyone will earn points for the place that they took in a tournament.
2) Rookie of the year points will be tracked using the angler of the year standings. The highest rookie of the year in the AOY standings will win Rookie of the Year. All were in favor of this motion.
3) Big Bass entry is now optional. It is no longer included with your tournament entry fee. This decision was made to help increase pay out at BBB tournaments. Big Bass optional buy in is $10 fee. All were in favor of this motion.
4) To help aid the increase of payout money, the Bandits voted on increasing tournament entry fee from $20 to $30. All were in favor of this motion.
5) We will be fishing an 8 tournament season. (This includes the classic). Vote count: 10 yay and 6 Neigh
6) Pre-fishing was the next topic of discussion. For lakes that are 600 acres or less, members are allowed to pre-fish the day prior to the tournament date. For example, if a tournament date is on a Saturday members cannot pre-fish from Sunday through Thursday but will be allowed to fish Friday. All members were in favor of this motion.
7) Non-boater rule was next topic of discussion. In the past few years non-boaters had to contact an officer for them to find a boat for them to fish a tournament. That rule was voted out. Boaters who are fishing alone will have their name in for a hat draw if there are non-boaters without a boat to fish from. The boater who gets his/her name drawn must allow a non-boater to fish with them. No exceptions. All were in favor of this motion.
Non-boaters will be required to pay a Minimum of $25 to the boater for gas. If more is to be paid that will be decided between the boater and non-boater. All were in favor of this motion.
9) Bandits will put together a non-boater etiquette list on the web site for guidelines on how to be a good non-boater. All were in favor of this motion.
10) Non-member entry fee increased from $25 to $40. All were in favor of this motion.
2014 Tournament Schedule:
May 3rd Lake Nelson
May 24th Indian Creek
June 7th Lake Audobon – docking from 3 mile corner ramp
June 28th Sheeps Creek (Club Camping Weekend)
June 29th Lake Tschida (Club Camping Weekend)
August 2nd Sakakwea – docking from Dakota Waters
September 6th Missouri River – docking from Misty Waters
October 4th New Johns 2 day Classic Championship
2014 Club Officers
President Paul Reinbold
Vice President Shawn Keena
Secretary Kaycee Ehli
Treasurer Jeff Wetzel
Tournament Directors: Cody Arth, Eric Vossler, Prairie Reinbold, Steve Basinger
2013 Annual Meeting Minutes
The Badlands Bass Bandits held their annual meeting to kick off their 2013 tournament season. As usual there was much to discuss for the up and coming season. The first order of discussion was the review of the club's rules as well as discussion of possible rule additions and changes. Since the dawn of this club the bandits have started all of their tournaments at 7 a.m. mtn time and ended at 2 p.m. The club has now changed their start times to 6 a.m. and will fish til 2 p.m. All who attended this meeting were in favor of this change due to the fact that it will give it's members a better shot at an early morning bite! Another rule change was made in regards to a prefishing rule. For the 2013 season any lake that is less than 600 acres, anglers will not be allowed to prefish Sunday nite through Friday night of the week of the tournament. The new season will also have a new rule for a 2 day tournament. In the event that day 1 of competition is complete and day 2 is unsafe due to bad weather the tournament will be concluded and the results from day 1 will determine the tournament winners. In the event that day 1 is usafe due to bad weather the tournament directors along with the club members will decide if day 2 of competition will go ahead as planned. There was a rule change to Rule #34 which previously stated the following: No one over the age of 16 will be allowed to ride along during a tournament without paying the entry fee, whether they fish or not. An angler under the age of 16 may ride along whether they fish or not, free of charge, but will not be considered for awards or prize money. The change to this rule will be that "anyone who wants to ride along will be allowed no matter what their age is without paying a tournament entry fee. If a person riding along wants to fish, that person must pay the tournament entry fee. An angler under the age of 16 may ride along whether they fish or not, free of charge, but will not be considered for awards or prize money in either the Junior or Adult divisions." The final discussion of rule change was in regards to Junior membership fees as well as tournament entry fees. From now on tournament entry fees for Junior anglers will be $5, and they will not be required to pay a $25 membership fee. However, they must fill out a membership form in order to compete in Junior tournaments.
2012 Annual Meeting Minutes
February 18th, 2012
The meeting was called to order by President Matt Sullivan with 18 members present.
The treasurers report was given by Jeff Wetzel
1. The cost and availability of plaques was discussed and it was approved by the members to continue having Jason Bader make the plaques for the tournaments. It was also approved to have plaques made for 16 years old and under who enter the tournament and catch the most pounds of fish but do not place in the tournament.
2. Every two years our by-laws must be reviewed and approved. The tournament rules section in the by-laws needed to be updated. An amendment to allow the members to vote on the by-laws needs to be added to allow the by-laws to be updated by a vote of the members at the meeting held shortly after a tournament is held. This was discussed and voted unanimously to update the rules section and write an amendment.
3. Ice Bowl rules were read and rule #7 which reads “Each team will count 6 fish” was changed to “Each team will count 6 fish – Each member of the team will measure no more than 3 fish”.
1. A Pre-Fishing Rule was discussed and voted on. Once a schedule of tournaments is made each lake will be voted on whether to use the pre-fishing rule or not. The requirement of using the rule will be the size of the lake. Smaller lakes would probably have the rule and larger lakes not use the rule. This years lakes that the rule will apply to will be Sheep Creek Dam and Pudwell Dam. Rule #40 will be written and presented to the members at the Ice Bowl to be voted on.
2. The Ice Bowl will be held on Saturday March 31, running from 8 am to 2 pm Mountain Time.
3. Discussion was held on the 2012 Tournament Schedule. Dates and lakes were decided upon and can be found on the web site. Lake Nelson will be the backup lake for The Classic
4. Officers were elected for the coming season
President Matt Sullivan Vice President Johnathan Campbell
Secretary Paul Reinbold Treasurer Jeff Wetzel
Tournament Directors: Janine Wetzel, Marty Mantz, Eric Vossler, Eric Ehn
New Club Sponsors! Check them out.
Badlands Bass Bandits
Ice Bowl Rules
- Fish from shore or boat, if partners are in the same boat, a third person must be in the boat as a witness.
- An angler must have a witness other than his partner to measure a fish.
- Chips will be drawn to pair partners.
- Measure fish to ¼ inch, 15 3/8 is 15 ¼ not 15 ½.
- Must be 12” to measure.
- Must use ruler provided.
- Each team will count 6 fish.
- Entry fee will be $4.00 per angler, to help cover the cost of the plaques.
- Plaques will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
2011 Annual Meeting Minutes
February 19, 2011
The meeting was called to order by our president, Geo E. Wentz with 17 members present.
The treasurers report was given by Paul Reinbold and approved.
1. Adult memberships will remain at $25.00 with tournament fees at $20.00. Junior memberships (those under the age of 16) will remain at $10.00 but tournament fees will increase to $20.00
2. The Bag Buster Award will be changed from one category of a three fish limit of both largemouth and smallmouth to three categories of Largemouth Bag Buster, Smallmouth Bag Buster and Largemouth and Smallmouth Bag Buster.
3. The Horizon Award will be given to the anglers who have improved their tournament success over last season.
4. In case of a tie during one of our tournaments we will now have a three tier tie-breaker rule in plade. 1st- largest bass, 2nd - greatest number of fish caught, 3rd –flip of a coin. During weigh-ins each angler will weigh his largest bass of the tournament separately.
1. No shore fishing will be allowed during a Bass Bandit Tournament
2. No one over the age of 16 will be allowed to ride along during a tournament without paying the entry fee, whether they fish or not. An angler under the age of 16 may ride along whether they fish or not fish, free of charge but will not be considered for awards and prize money.
3. Definition of a Rookie was discussed and was decided that New Members will be allowed to decline participating in “Rookie Of The Year” based on their past fishing experience. Members that had only fished (1) one tournament their first year will be allowed to fish their second year as a rookie.
4. If no fish are caught during a club tournament, trophies are not handed out and prize money is awarded by individual chip draw for places awarded.
5. To qualify to fish the Classic Championship members must have fished a minimum of (3) three tournaments during the season or have been a member in good standing for at least 2 consecutive years.
6. Discussion was held on Dates and Lakes to be fished during the 2011 season. 10 tournaments will be held during the 2011 season. If a tournament is cancelled due to weather, no make-up tournament will be assigned. Each angler will have (2) two drop tournaments no matter how many tournaments that have to be cancelled. Dates and Lakes can be seen in the tournament schedule found on the site. The Classic Championship will be a two day tournament. Prizes will be based on the total weight of both days.
7. On October 1st there will be a Tournament of Champions to be held at Fish Creek. Pairings for the tournament will be based on the Angler of the Year Standings. Top angler will fish with the last place angler, 2nd place angler will fish with 2nd to last place angler and so on. If a member can not be there the next member will take his place.
8. It was approved that (2) two signatures will be put on the club checking account.
9. Whether pre-fishing would be allowed the day prior to a tournament was discussed and after a majority vote, the motion passed and pre-fishing will be allowed.
Election of Officers
President: Matt Sullivan
Vice President: Paul Reinbold
Secretary: Geo E. Wentz
Treasurer: Jeff Wetzel
Conservation/Safety Director: Johnathan Campbell
Tournament Directors: Janine Wetzel
Website Manager: Curt Manley
The meeting was adjourned.
Excuse me if I don’t have who made the motion and who seconded them but all motions were discussed thoroughly and approved by the majority of members present. I would like to thank Johnathan for giving us permission to have the meeting at the Former Governor’s House, setting up the tables and chairs and providing coffee, cookies and treats. We had a very good year as a club and i know with the leadership we have in place at this time we should have some really great years ahead. i thank you all.
As we discussed at our last meeting, there is a new program included into our club starting immediately. The Badlands Bass Bandit President and it's two Tournament Directors will be posting a weather report TWO days before a tournament event to decide if the tournament event will be safe enough for our club to participate in. The following will be considered:
- High Wind Speeds
- Cold Temperatures (water & air)
- Lake Locations
- Size of Lakes
If there is threathing weather that is predicted in the TWO day period before a tournament event the club officers will post a cancellation or postponement via the Web Forum. This program was developed to prevent unsafe fishing conditions and safety to it's participants. As well as prevent club members who travel far the day before a tournament and have to turn around and go back due to a cancellation or postponement. It is the club members responsibilty to check in regularly with the Web Forum 2 days before each tournament event.
- If we arrive to a tournament event and there is unpredicted threatening weather we will hold a short meeting to discuss safety issues and rules.
- The club also decided if a tournament is already started and is cut short of the completed time due to unsafe conditions or reasons, we will weigh the fish that have been caught and it will count as a completed tournament.
- If you have any questions please let me or other club officials know.